What does a real estate agent do all day? It’s pretty hard to summarize in just a few paragraphs, so here’s the run-down in list form.
1) Responding: Agents are “on the clock” no matter where they are. In an instant-response society, buyers or sellers won’t wait long for an answer.
2) Watch Inventory: Houses are bought, sold, and taken off the market daily. Agents must be on top of the MLS to ensure their clients don’t miss their dream home.
3) Build a Database: A great agent has a well-organized database that they are constantly updating.
4) Scheduling: Open houses, scheduled showings, appointments, house-hunting itineraries- all in a day’s work! 5) Making Contact: To keep the pipeline full, agents must connect with prospects and discuss their real estate needs.
6) Attend Appointments: Meetings with buyers and sellers as well as meetings with inspectors, appraisers, contractors, stagers, photographers, repair people, etc., are all a part of the transaction process.
7) Negotiating: Negotiations can go on for weeks, and during that time, agents must ensure that everyone is doing their part to make the deal happen.
8) Problem-Solving: If any sticky situation gums up the works, it’s an agent’s job to find new paths to get the job done.
9) Marketing: Agents devote thought and resources to each piece of marketing they produce, including their websites, newsletters, postcards, videos, social media posts, property ads, etc.